Monday 16 May 2011

My Everyday Hair


WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY POST


After the #bbloggers chat on twitter last night (arranged by the lovely Fee) I felt inspired not only to blog, but to do something slightly different so here is my everyday hair. What makes it 'everyday' for me (its quite a lot of effort) is that it lasts for three days in my hair making it incredibly low maintenance. If your thinking of recreating this look bare in mind, my hair is dry to normal and very rarely gets greasy. Its medium to long length and VERY thick. I also recently had it cut so its a little shorter, with soft layers :) Loves it!


Before
Step 1:
Wash hair thoroughly. I like to shampoo twice and I only wash my hair 2/3 times per week. I also put my Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Silky Curls Intensive Mask on for 30 minutes. After rinsing I apply Charles Worthington Hair Healer Leave in Condition. Leave to dry naturally. 

Step 2: 
Generously apply heat protection. I use Charles Worthington Front Row Heat Defence Spritz. I use loads to make sure my hair stays shiny. Brush Through and leave to dry. I like to add a zig zag parting with a rat tail comb. Just pull the hair back, away from the face, make a zig zag motion with your comb.
Step 3:
Divide hair into sections. I also like to turn down the heat on my straighteners (babyliss ones) to give a softer look and hopefully preserve my hair! Start to curl hair by wrapping sections around the straighteners, I'd say about 2 inch sections,(yes thats a lot)and pull the straighteners through the hair. My sections tend to get smaller at the top but I dont curl the fringe area, I just flick it out. 
Step 4:
Once all your hair is curled gently brush through, to create a softer look. Tease the roots at the crown to add more volume. If you like the messy look you can also tease the lengths of the hair, but your style won't last as long. Use John Frieda Stain Shine Finishing Creme to tame frizz and fly aways. Finish with Hairspray. I use Vo5 Strong Hold. 


After


I'm back on twitter if you didn't already know, so feel free to follow me. Also just incase your wondering, I bought all of these products. Let me know if you like these types of hair posts. 

Much Love, 
Onna 

No comments:

Post a Comment