Tuesday 17 May 2011

Hair Care Routine: FAQ's


I've been getting questions about my hair through email, youtube formspring & twitter and a there were few in my most recent post so I thought I'd stop procrastinating and cover everything you need to know about my hair (Bloody Hell this post feels vein!)

Cut & Colour


What is your Natural Hair Colour?
It's dark blonde/light brown, but it gets blonde very easily in the sunshine, especially when I'm at the beach.

Is your hair Ombre backwards?
I get asked this a lot, my hair is lighter at the top from bleached highlights and the sunshine.

How did you get your hair that colour?
It was an accident. My hair was DARK brown. I used colourB4 (something I would never recommend)which lightened it a few shades and made it a lot more red. I then highlighted it myself with bleach foils (again, don't try this at home) and covered with a light caramel brown shade. Now my hair has faded to this colour. 


Would you ever go blonde again?
A lot of people tell me I SHOULD be 'this and that' colour and while I appreciate honestly/advice I tend to just colour my hair to however I fancy at the time. I have no fear when it comes to hair colour and I love to experiment. I have an appointment booked for a couple of weeks time to go a little lighter with more caramel tones. I shall post pictures on my new colour once its done.

Have you ever used blonde home hair dyes?
YES! If you are not already blonde/very light mousey brown or a professional I would NOT recommend going anywhere near them.

Do you cut your own hair?
Occasionally yes I trim it, but now I'm working a lot more I'm trying to stick to getting it done professionally. 


What do you ask for at the hairdressers?
I usually get max 1/2 inch cut off the lengths (I'm growing it out)then get soft layers put in (about 4 inches shorter than the lengths) and feathering layers at the front. I don't have a fringe/bangs right now. To finish I get it blow dried with LOTS of volume.

Hair Care & Products

Do you use an Olive Oil treatment?
Yes, if my hair is particularly dry BEFORE shampooing I will warm up oil CAREFULLY in the microwave and apply it to dry hair. I wrap it in cling film then a towel and leave for 30 minutes.


What Shampoo and Conditioner do you use? 
Right now I'm using Charles Worthington Full Volume Shampoo and Moisture Seal Conditioner. I wash my hair 2 times a week (occasionally 3) At least once a week I shampoo it twice, very thoroughly. Once with a cheap anti-dandruff shampoo as my scalp gets tight and irritated, then my with regular shampoo. When I get out of the shower I apply my hair treatment. Currently I'm using the Umberto Giannini Silky Curls Intensive mask. I also love the John Frieda Miraculous Recovery Strengthening Creme Masque. I leave it on for at least 30 minutes, wrapped up in a towel and then rinse out. After washing I apply Charles Worthington Hair Healer Leave in Conditioner.


How is your hair to shiny?
I'm not entirely sure. Not bleaching my hair to death any more helped a lot. Alway intensively conditioning and protecting my hair helps. I use heat on my hair twice a week, tops and ALWAYS use a heat protectant. Currently I use Charles Worthington Front Row Heat Defence Spritz. I've tured the volume down and all my hot tools. Also not washing my hair much helps a lot! In between washes I use Batiste Dry Shampoo in Fresh.

Finally some of my favourite styling products...
For blow-drying I like the Umberto Giannini Enviable Blow Dry Spray.
For Shine I like the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Finishing Creme.

I hope this post has helped answer any of your questions. These are all products I've purchased at boots and I've put in links wherever possible. Let me know if you would like more 'styling' posts or videos. 

Much Love,

Onna

No comments:

Post a Comment