Friday 6 May 2011

I need your advice...




I'm so sorry I have posted in ages (over a month) and I'm afraid this post isn't going to be the most exciting. I thought I'd give you a quick update as to whats going on with me and ask for all your advice. 

So I've had an interesting month... 

I got a job, its just retail but I'm enjoying earning money and keeping busy. So far so good. 

My parents planned a trip to Sweden to visit relatives but after learning my nan is now in a home, and my "auntie" (technically not related) has become very sick I decided I would fly out for a long weekend to see them at the end of May. Perhaps this is one of the reasons I've been so stressed. 

I realised, as sad as it sounds, how little friends I have. I know tons of people in my town who I have the odd chat with etc but the amount of people who actually call me up on a regular basis, or who I could go to in a crisis is very little. Probably because most of my closest friends are travelling/at university, which SUCKS!

Random but true; stayed at my friends house after a few drinks in town and woke up with a swollen face, literally looked like I'd been punched!! Thank god it went down after two or three days!! 

To top it off I was kicked out of college!! Most of you know since last September I've been studying Journalism at a local college, a course which gets students into university. I'm going to be honest and admit I've been struggling with the course, mainly due to a build up of personal problems; but I persevered and kept up with most of my work, got good marks on all my written coursework and a distinction in my exam. Despite this my lecturer thought I was emotionally struggling far too much to be able to complete the course, so she pointed out that it might be best if I did not continue (just over a month before the course finishes). 

After many conversations between my parents, myself, her and other staff members I was basically told I wouldn't be allowed back. Although, in all honestly I didn't always enjoy the course, I clashed with my lecturer and I definitely was extremely stressed, I am absolutely gutted! I got into all the universities I wanted to go to, but will now not be allowed in, because I can't finish the course. I am also left feeling useless, unfulfilled and bored! I am a very ambitious person and now I am out of control and aimless. 

Seriously though, what do I do with myself now? Work in retail forever? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that but its not for me and I absolutely loved writing. I also love being in education, I actually like writing essays (Loser). I just don't know what to do, I have literally not been this depressed for two years! Help! 

To finish of just a quick FOTN from the over week... gotta put some makeup in this post somewhere ;) Stylish picture I think you will agree...


Witch Skin Clearing Primer
Rimmel Instant Tan (My friends, so dont know which one)
Lancome Teint Idole Foundation 01
Gosh Touch Up Concealer in 02
No.7 Skin Illuminator in Pink
NYC Colour Cheek Compact in Sutton Place Peach (Contouring)
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
The Body Shop e/s in Taupe (Brows)
Rimmel Matt e/s in Cocoa (Brows + Crease)
Stila e/s in Starlight and (Lid and inner corner)
Maybelline Gel Liner (Waterline and smudged into top lash line)
Bourjois Liner Effect Mascara
Barry M Lip Gloss (The pink one?)


Nails - Barry M Pure Turquoise
Top - H&M
Skirt - New Look
Wedges - Primark

Just to clarify, I didn't go clubbing with the hat and socks on :P

Hopefully I'll get my bum in gear and start blogging again!

Speak Soon,

Onna x

No comments:

Post a Comment