Friday 11 May 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation



My current dupe for my Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Make Up Foundation which retails for £8.99. Although I love my Chanel, it's a little expensive to wear just for work, or to pop to Tesco so I wanted to find something that does the job, without the price tag. 


Nothing can replace my Vita Lumiere Aqua but this is a close second. It smells great, stays well on the skin and it doesn't feel too heavy. It doesn't blend quite as easily as my Chanel does, and isn't quite as light but it's definitely a nice high street foundation. 


It gives a dewy finish and very occasionally has some flecks of shimmer through it. I rarely notice this but if you hate shimmer then maybe stay away. All thats left to say is, I like the packaging, it reminds me of summer. 


NOTE: Since writing this review I've stopped using this foundation. It turned out to be the cause of horrendous breakouts. This foundation obviously is much cheaper than my regular one and is heavily fragranced. A lot of high street foundations break my skin out, my skin is very sensitive. If you have acne prone or sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this foundation, however if you don't have a problem with foundations breaking you out then I'd still recommend it. It's not right for me and I won't be repurchasing, but it's still a nice foundation. 


x Onna x

No comments:

Post a Comment