Monday 7 May 2012

Holy Grail Product: Chanel Illuminating Fluid



I cringe at the thought of how I used to apply my makeup. I'd pile on the heavy revlon colourstay foundation, slab on the full coverage concealer and top it off with a liberal application of pressed powder.


As my skin had improved and as my taste has become somewhat more sophisticated, the way I do my makeup has also changed. I now opt for a lighter, dewier base. Yes, even though I have combination skin, I like a bit of a glow. My foundation of choice is the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua. This brings me on to profess my love of liquid highlighters. Anything to make my face look bright and fresh, essential for those who don't sleep well like me.


Back in December '11 my mother bought me a couple of Chanel makeup items for Christmas. I has asked for the Soleil tan do Chanel Gel Bronzer, and what I actually received was the Soleil tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed. I have never been so happy to get the wrong thing in my life. I love this product, I've literally used it every single makeup wearing day since Christmas. I still have about half left, so my guess is, it lasts about 8 months with regular use.


It gives the perfect glowy bronze sheen to the skin and I can't wait for this to become a summer staple in my makeup bag. It's light, non-greasy and lasts for a good 10 hours. It has a slight tint to it but nothing too strong, and the finish is a soft sheen and not too glittery. GLITTER IS FOR CHRISTMAS CARDS, I HATE GLITTER ON MY SKIN!


I love everything about this product. Yes it's Chanel so it's pricy but it lasts such a long time, it actually works out very reasonably priced. Obviously I didn't buy this myself but I will be repurchasing the moment it gets low. You get 30ml in a jar and it retails for around £30. Which works out at £1 per ml compared to £1.42 per ml for Benefit High Beam.


x Onna x

No comments:

Post a Comment