Thursday 7 July 2011

My Brazilian Wax Experience

Source Apologies for the lack of pictures but lets face it, I wasn't going to take before & after pictures of my va-jay-jay to post on my blog :)


Preparation:
For me, this is the worst bit. YES you do have to grow your hair back. You need about 1/4 inch of hair, minimum for waxing. I let it grow for around a month, but usually 3 weeks will be more than enough. 


Price:
I paid £22 for the Brazilian and £28 for a full leg wax. When you add that up its pretty expensive to pay every month or so. If you live near London I'm sure you will pay a lot more. If I were  to continue waxing I think I'd skip the legs to cut the cost. 


Pain Level:
I would describe the pain as uncomfortable but bearable. It does hurt but its not so bad that you run away crying :)I've also been told the pain subsides the more you get it done, a bit like plucking your eyebrows I guess.


Process: 
The whole process took around 50 minutes and the girl who did my wax made me feel really comfortable so I didn't find it awkward or embarrassed. The leg wax was standard, she started at the front, worked her way up, then finished the wax with a soothing oil. The Brazilian was a little more complicated. You get to wear some snazzy disposable knickers (sexy) and you have to bend your leg in lots of weird positions (not difficult ones) in order to tense your skin. Its undignified but it helps to reduce the pain. If you didn't already know, a Brazilian is where you wax everything off apart from a little 'landing strip' and bare in mind, some bits hurt more than others... the tweezing to finish was the worst!


Results:
I'm so happy with the results of the Brazilian. At the time it bled the tiniest amount and looked a little red, but that goes away after about 12-24 hours. You also can't have hot baths or apply any products for 24 hours. After the leg wax there are still a few missed hairs, which is disappointing but they weren't long enough to be waxed off. I guess thats the only downside for me. I've been told the wax should last around 4-6 weeks but with some leg hair missed I'm sure they won't last that long.

Hope someone found this post useful,

Much Love,
Onna x

No comments:

Post a Comment